Privacy Provisions Applicable to Porte™ Cardholders and Applicants
When visiting or using our website, communicating with us electronically, interacting with us on social media or through ad content, or using our mobile application (each a “Site”), this U.S. Online Privacy Notice (“Online Privacy Notice”) applies to you and governs our collection, storage, sharing, and use of your information.
Please note, if you apply for or use a Porte card (“Financial Product”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and similar state financial privacy laws govern your financial privacy rights. Therefore, if you are a customer or consumer of one of our Financial Product, you should consult the Privacy Notice associated with that Financial Product for information on collection, storage, sharing, and use of your information. A link to a copy of MetaBank’s Privacy Notice may be found above.
Information We Collect
When you visit a Site, we may collect both personally identifiable information and anonymous information. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) means information (such as name, demographic, or contact information that identifies you personally). Anonymous information includes information that does not identify you personally or contain personal identifiers (“Anonymous Information”), including internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing history, cookies, and interactions with our Sites.
Information collected in connection with your application or use of a financial product or service is described in the applicable Privacy Notice, available here.
How We Collect Information
We may collect Personal Information from you directly:
- in connection with a potential application for a Financial Product submitted through a Site; and
- when you complete and submit forms or fields available at a Site.
We may append and enrich the information we have about you with information purchased from third party data suppliers.
We may collect Anonymous Information such as connection, activity, and usage data, when visitors and users navigate to and around the Sites:
- through your browser when you visit the Site, which includes information such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, browser type, device type, and operating system;
- from your IP address, which is automatically logged in our server when you visit a Site;
- from feedback that does not personally identify you voluntarily provided to us on a Site;
- using a website recording service, which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements or page scrolling but does not record any Personal Information; and
- from de-identified or aggregated Personal Information, including payment data associated with a Financial Product.
How We Use Your Information
As noted above, Personal Information provided through an application for or use of or interaction with a Financial Product is used solely to establish your customer relationship and is subject to the Privacy Notice governing the Financial Product you selected.
Personal Information provided or collected through other venues on the Site may be used in the following ways:
- to respond to your inquiries or requests; and
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may interest you.
We may use Anonymous Information in the following ways:
- to evaluate the Site’s effectiveness and usability;
- to improve our products or services;
- to ensure the Site displays properly and diagnose problems;
- to measure the number of visitors to the Site; and
- to other activities to the extent permitted by law.
We may aggregate or de-identify your Personal Information for these same purposes.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. SSL encryption also is used on our Site when you are asked to enter confidential information as part of your application. You can tell you have entered an encrypted session in several ways. Whenever you see an unbroken key, a locked padlock, or similar icon on your browser screen, you have entered an encrypted session. In addition, when your session changes from “http” to “https,” you are in an encrypted session.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 years of age without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of non-affiliated third parties to which our Site may link.
Links to Other Websites
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a Site. When you return to Sites – or visit websites that use the same cookies – they recognize these cookies and therefore your browsing device.
- ensure your security and privacy when in our secure Sites;
- store login details for our secure sites;
- provide you with ads that are more relevant to you and your interests, and improve our targeting and enhance your journey through our sites and partner sites;
- improve our understanding of how you navigate through our sites so we can identify improvements; and
- evaluate our sites’ advertising and promotional effectiveness.
We use both our own (first-party) and partner companies’ (third-party) cookies to support the above activities. We may also allow our business partners to place web beacons on our site or to place cookies on your device for advertising or other purposes.
Disabling Cookies and Do-Not-Track
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for our services on third-party platforms such as search engines and social networks and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Agreement to this Online Privacy Notice
By using a Site or interacting with an advertisement or page or account on a third-party website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Online Privacy Notice.
Changes to this Online Privacy Notice
We may change the Online Privacy Notice at any time by posting an updated version to this page and changing the “Effective Date” at the top of this Online Privacy Notice. Any changes become effective when posted on the Site. You will be bound by changes if you use the Site after those changes have been posted.
If you have questions about this U.S. Online Privacy Notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your question. Questions may also be mailed to:
c/o Populus Financial Group, Inc.
Attn: General Counsel
300 E John Carpenter Fwy, Suite 900
Irving, TX 75062